GayGeeks.org: coming back... slowly
Crazy random alpha
It's free and may even be awesome.
5428 users and counting...
Existing users log in
Links via delicious
Want to contribute? Tag your links "gaygeeks".
Politics from Good As You
2006: When Clinton vocally supported her state moving forward w/ marriage equality but Sanders did notIn 2006, Bernie Sanders, a civil unions supporter, did not support his state taking the next step to legalize marriage equality: June 7, 2006 [Times Argus] That same year, Hillary Clinton, who had been an outspoken civil unions supporter since...
Yes, I do plan to put some more words on this website. But in the meantime, your best bet for hearing and/or interacting with my musings is to follow me on Twitter. Why? Because that's the one creative outlet I...
The tide has turned, Tide reminds us: First a clerk in Kentucky, and now a church lady in Los Angeles! This same sex couple faces yet another obstacle on the...Posted by Mark Nickelsburg, Director on Tuesday, September 8, 2015
In his 2011 book The War For Late Night, Bill Carter tells a story that really resonated with me. It's a private conversation between Conan O'Brien and a top NBC executive. The conversation took place after it was clear that...
She is portraying herself as a victim even though she is the one denying equal treatment, basic fairness, and dignity to a minority population. She is arrogant, thumbing her nose at court orders that go all the way up to...
News and Gossip from Queerty
It turns out, the kids of gay dads are alright! In news that is sure to get the heads of homophobes spinning like Linda Blair’s in The Exorcist, a new study has proven that kids of gay parents are just as happy and well-adjusted as kids of straight parents. Medical Daily has all the details on new research that’s [...]
Steve Grand is more than just a pretty face. He knows a lot about acronyms (UC, $$$$ and DDF, for example) used for cruising online. Davey Wavey puts the church boy ho entertainer through his paces with a very challenging quiz about dating app terminology and he passes with flying colors. The guys then get [...]
A New York Times article portrayed Donald Trump as possibly a bit pro-gay, or at least not as antigay as other GOP candidates, and the HuffPo’s Michelangelo Signorile is frothing mad. It all started with veteran reporter Maggie Haberman’s piece “Donald Trump’s More Accepting Views on Gay Issues Set Him Apart in G.O.P.,” an article that is, quite frankly, [...]
Apparently, creepy self-appointed “bathroom cops” are what women have to deal with in the wake of HB2. From The Dallas Observer comes the extremely unsettling story and video of a woman trailed into a restroom by a complete stranger because she didn’t look “woman” enough for him. Seriously. Jessica Rush was born female and is not transitioning, but committed [...]
A high school senior who got his whole school laughing for months after he exposed himself in a varsity football yearbook photo isn’t laughing now that police have charged him with 69 counts of indecent exposure and one count of furnishing harmful items to minors. Or perhaps he is since Playgirl has stepped in to make an offer. [...]
Gigolos star Nick Hawk just insured his penis for $1 million because, hey, you can never be too careful with your moneymaker, amirite? Cosmopolitan caught up with the ripped reality star and asked him the questions that would be on our minds if we interviewed him: namely why, how, and…what about theft? Why did you need [...]
Well, we probably should’ve seen this one coming: the artist who created an illustration of a nude Donald Trump, including a very minuscule penis, says that she’s been assaulted by a Trump supporter. “Today I was punched in the face by a man who got out of his car and yelled, ‘Trump 2016!’ in Los Angeles, just [...]
Ricky Martin is so movie-star handsome that his face belongs on the big screen. Until that happens, the next best thing is seeing his signature tune “Livin’ La Vida Loca” performed by some very familiar film personalities, including James Bond and Mary Poppins. The clip was created by video editor Ross Thompson, who runs the fun [...]
Things we already knew about “world’s hottest math teacher” Pietro Boselli: he looks like a Greek statue in his underwear, he’s also the world’s most distracting math teacher, and can we mention the underwear part again? In other words, we don’t know him all that well, though it’s more than enough to appreciate. Well after Vogue [...]
- sbcmike logged in 11 hours ago
- Outdoorsman logged in 13 hours ago
- zandt logged in 19 hours ago
- Mark R logged in 1 day ago
- ms1711 logged in 3 days ago
- michaeljames25 joined the site 5 days ago
- sheldon joined the site 6 days ago
- Sahadeva logged in 1 week ago
- beanz7 joined the site 1 week ago
- neurosci logged in 1 week ago
This blows. Where else can I go?
It certainly leaves a lot to be desired at the moment, but the lack of anywhere very good is why I'm building it. Here's some other places to try:
- One of the best online communities I've ever been a part of, but sadly very London-centric.
- There's a pretty big intersection between geeks and gamers; I've met some great people from this site.
- Gay Intellectuals @ Gay.Com
- Some folks at Gay.com got tired of the emphasis on searching by penis length and tried to inject some culture into what is frankly a cesspit of a site. This is their own independent web presence.
- A safe space for LGBT people, this seems to be more focussed on support and the newly coming-out.
I also recommend these fine, semi-related sites:
- GayGeek reviews gay adult sites, so you don't have to. We don't do porn, but luckily for you, these guys do.
- Good As You
- Skewering the intolerant right, the adorable Jeremy covers politics daily from a gay perspective.
- Bittorrents of gay movies. The old forum owed a lot of its popularity to people accidentally ending up here while looking for this place.